Wonder Punter NBA Power Rankings 2013-14
With the 2013/14 NBA season upon us starting Tuesday night…. Let’s take a look at the Power Rankings of all 30 teams to begin the season.
1. Miami Heat- The defending champion Heat will be looking to three-peat with Lebron James in the final year of his contract.
2. San Antonio Spurs- With all the pieces still intact, the Western Conference champs are still the team to beat out west.
3. Chicago Bulls- After sitting out all of last season… Derrick Rose is back and ready to lead his team to challenge the Heat.
4. Indiana Pacers- Last years team was good, now with Danny Granger back and the addition of Luis Scola… they will be even better.
5. Los Angeles Clippers- Can new coach Doc Rivers instill the mental and physical toughness that has been lacking with the Clippers in seasons past?
6. Houston Rockets- Can the tag team of Dwight Howard/James Harden co-exist and get them to the promise land?
7. Golden State Warriors- Will one more year of experience under their belt make up for the lack of depth at the point guard and center positions? Key addition with Andre Iguodala.
8. Oklahoma City Thunder- Still no Russell Westbrook until December… until then, can they keep it together?
9. Memphis Grizzles- The addition of Mike Miller should help with a team depleted with shooters.
10. Brooklyn Nets- Can an aging Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce be the difference that Deron Williams and new coach Jason Kidd need to contend?
11. New York Knicks- J.R Smith is still on the shelve and Amar’e and Kenyon Martin are not quite ready for back-to-backs yet.
12. Minnesota Timberwolves- A full year of a healthy Kevin Love and Ricky Rubio can finally make the Wolves a playoff contender after a drought of nine seasons.
13. Denver Nuggets- Andre Iguodala is now with Golden State and no Danilo Gallinari until at least December.
14. Washington Wizards- Key addition with Marcin Gortat to fill in a true center position and move Nene to his natural forward position.
15. New Orleans Pelicans- New team nickname and two nice additions will help the Pelicans improve… Jrue Holiday and Tyreke Evans.
16. Dallas Mavericks- Monte Ellis was added to help give Dirk Nowitski an offensive boost… but it’s the defense I’m worried about.
17. Portland Trailblazers- LaMarcus Aldridge vows this years Blazers team will make the playoffs.
18. Detroit Pistons- Two big additions with the face of the franchise now Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings.
19. Los Angeles Lakers- Much more athletic team then last year’s team, however their season still rides on the shoulders of Kobe Bryant’s return.
20. Cleveland Cavaliers- When will Andrew Bynum play? Oh yeah #1 pick Anthony Bennett has a sleeping disorder.
21. Atlanta Hawks- No Josh Smith… it’s Al Horford’s team now.
22. Toronto Raptors- Andrea Bargnani is now a Knick.
23. Charlotte Bobcats- Should improve in the win column with new center Al Jefferson.
24. Sacramento Kings- Will DeMarcus Cousins live up to hype of a max-contract deal.
25. Utah Jazz- Young talent is nice, but no quality point guard to dish the rock.
26. Milwaukee Bucks- Can new coach Larry Drew keep the rebuilding Bucks together?
27. Boston Celtics- New coach, new faces and no Rajon Rondo.
28. Orlando Magic- Another rebuilding year.. looking towards the 2014 NBA Draft.
29. Phoenix Suns- Traded away their best player Marcin Gortat.
30. Philadelphia 76ers- Many are predicting the Sixers to challenge for the all-time worst record of 9-73 (1972-73 Sixers).
For more NCAA NBA MLB NFL, Scores, Reviews, Previews, and Picks & Predictions, feel free to check out our sections from the tabs on top of the page where I will be updating on a daily basis
Would you like to show off your writing skills? opinions? for the sports world to see? If so feel free to contribute and we will publish your stories and reviews Info@wonder-punter.net
By Mario Martinez – WonderPunter