It’s 2014 NBA Mock draft time! Probably the greatest drafts in years! As many groups traded to get into this first round, there are lots of moves that also are to be decided. This site is a good useful resource recapping a whole lot of the trades. My guess on the order under isn’t based mostly on the place issues are now – but slightly how I assume it can end up. Things taken into account: Salaries, potential free brokers, wants, and evaluation from a number of NBA scouts. This is not a rating of greatest players in the draft.
1. Utah Jazz - Andrew Wiggins, F, Kansas. You may hear some Jabari Parker chatter (he’s Mormon!) but proper now, it’s Wiggins. Upside, upside, upside. The place does he match if you happen to maintain Hayward? You may play each.
2. Milwaukee Bucks – Julius Randle, F, Kentucky. Will instantly be their finest participant. Randle and Sanders shall be a pleasant tandem inside. They’ll re-form the backcourt within the 2015 lottery – Antetokounmpo continues to be a number of years away from being a factor.
three. Boston Celtics – Jabari Parker, F, Duke. Rumors Parker could keep. Fun storyline, I’m not buying it. In the event you’re a kind of conspiracy sorts, how about the Celtics winning the lottery? Brad Stevens, Lakers and Celtics both down … yeah, yeah, I do know, it’s not rigged.
four. Philadelphia 76ers – Joel Embiid, C, Kansas. Raw 7-footer who picked up a basketball for the first time three years ago. An Embiid/Noel frontline blocks quite a lot of photographs, gives little offense. They’d must let Spencer Hawes stroll in free company. Why not Marcus Smart? As a result of MCW looks like a keeper. Smart’s an improved shooter, but a greater match at PG.
5. Sacramento Kings – Marcus Smart, PG, Oklahoma State. Good’s a scorer and distributor in the mold of Russell Westbrook, with nearly as good athleticism. Smart, Cousins and McLemore? You’ve received something good. I’m positive the Isaiah Thomas groupies received’t like this move.
6. Charlotte Bobcats – Dante Exum, PG, Australia – A lithe 6-foot-6 and solely 18. Shouldn’t take long to turn out to be an influence player. I like Kemba Walker (16.5 ppg but only 38% FGs), and he generally is a priceless reserve on this crew. The Bobcats, once more, are one of the worst scoring teams in the league, and dead last in FG capturing (forty one.1%).
7. LA Lakers – Aaron Gordon, F, Arizona. Typically compared to a younger Blake Griffin. Insane athlete. Kobe will whip him into form quickly.
eight. Phoenix Suns – Gary Harris, SG, Michigan State. Prolific scorer, above-common defender. Sixth man for a 12 months, then takes over after they unload Dragic’s expiring? Or is it price stashing Croatian Dario Saric right here, and getting function gamers later? Major wants now seem like SF/SG, assuming Bledsoe is their future at PG.
9. Philadelphia 76ers (by way of New Orleans) – Rodney Hood, SF, Duke. What turns into of Evan Turner? There are trade rumors (Cleveland?) which would depart Philly with a scoring void at SF. While Duke’s Parker has the hype, Hood is quietly averaging 21 ppg, sixty six FG% and 68% 3FG, though it’s obviously early.
10. Orlando Magic – Noah Vonleh, F, Indiana – Magic have been higher than anticipated. Rank in the course of the pack in lots of NBA categories after being the worst team within the league final year. Wants: Future PG, inside scorer, SF. Vonleh’s off to a nice begin (12 ppg, 10 ppg) and would fit properly next to Vucevic.
11. Dallas Mavericks – Mitch McGary, PF, Michigan. Terrific all-round abilities. Can be 22 in June. Learns how you can be a professional from Dirk, presumably turns into a 18-10 man for maybe a decade? A less athletic Chris Webber?
12. Denver Nuggets – James Young, SG, Kentucky. Brian Shaw remains to be tinkering, so it’s tough to tell what they want. Will they unload JaVale McGee? What happens when Danilo Gallinari returns? Don’t love Young but, and the all of a sudden-defensive Nuggets won’t touch him except the protection improves. But he can score.
thirteen. Toronto Raptors – Montrezl Harrell, PF, Louisville. Only guy they’ve gone long on to this point is DeMar DeRozan. The dangerous information: DeRozan and Rudy Homosexual hog all of the shots, but shoot forty one% and 38% respectively. I feel they’ll groom Harrell subsequent year, then let Amir Johnson stroll.
14. Phoenix Suns (through Washington) Dario Saric, F, Croatia – Yup, I’ve bought the Wizards missing the playoffs. With three first spherical picks, sure, the Suns can afford to stash someone for a couple years. They aren’t a playoff staff within the loaded West subsequent 12 months, anyway.
15. Cleveland Cavaliers – Willie Cauley-Stein, C, Kentucky. Varejao has one other year left, then the Cavs could or may not choose up his choice (plus, he’s 32 in September and may’t stay healthy); Bynum reveals up briefly as soon as a week. WCS will provide a superb final line of defense.
16. Atlanta Hawks – Glenn Robinson III, F, Michigan. Rebounding has been their early weakness, but their bench lacks pop, no less than with Lou Williams not fully healthy. Robinson has struggled this year at Michigan, however solely because the Wolverines don’t have a PG. Could start as a rookie.
17. Orlando Magic (by way of NY through Denver) – Jahii Carson, PG, Arizona State. I’m an unlimited fan, and assume he’s got Nate Robinson’s athletic capability with Brandon Jennings abilities. Heir apparent to Jameer Nelson?
18. Charlotte Bobcats (via Detroit) – Nik Stauskas, SG, Michigan. Too excessive, proper? As noted earlier, the Bobcats can’t shoot, and Stauskas is without doubt one of the greatest shooters within the draft. Last year he seemed like a Kyle Korver; this yr, he feels closer to a more explosive JJ Redick. Apologies for the white-man comparisons.
19. Memphis Grizzlies – Doug McDermott, F, Creighton. Probably concentrating on a SG, or a backup at SF. How about a shooter for the postseason when groups double Gasol or Randolph? McDermott doesn’t have the dimensions (6-foot-eight) to play the stretch four, but man is he a deadly shooter past the arc.
20. Charlotte Bobcats (via Portland) - Adreian Payne, F, Michigan State. A third pick within the High 20 might imply a Euro, or perhaps frontcourt help. Their 2013 choose, Cody Zeller, is taking pictures a woeful 34% so far. Payne, an elite athlete for 6-foot-10, 250, can be going a lot higher if he weren’t 23 on the time of the draft.
21. Phoenix Suns (via Minnesota) - Sam Dekker, F, Wisconsin. Such an excellent all-round participant. I’m trying ahead to when he’s free from the Bo Ryan system. Will we see Gordon Hayward-type progress?
22. Houston Rockets – Andrew Harrison, PG, Kentucky. Hasn’t looked nice early – fouls have been a problem, so has working the offense – nevertheless it’s an extended season, and he could easily leap into the lottery. Capturing 47% on FGs and forty six% on 3FG. Jeremy Lin has improved his shot, however he received’t come low cost, which is why I believe he strikes on.
23. LA Clippers – Wayne Selden, G, Kansas. Very sluggish begin for the Jayhawks, but a extremely-touted shooter popping out of highschool. At this price, he most likely stays in Lawrence for a yr, turns into the man if Wiggins, Embiid, Ellis transfer on.
24. Boston Celtics (through Brooklyn) – Spencer Dinwiddie, G, Colorado. Yeah, this is bullish on the Nets, but they will’t remain this unhealthy in the lowly East. Dinwiddie was a late-bloomer who is capturing forty four% on 3FGs this season. The larger focus than this decide would be the Celtics on the buying and selling deadline.
25. Oklahoma Metropolis – Corey Jefferson, F, Baylor. Powerful participant. Offensively limited, but a terrific athlete. Perkins is sort of executed, Collison may be out of their worth vary, and Jefferson could possibly be a strong function player in two seasons.
26. Chicago Bulls – Aaron Craft, PG, Ohio State. Toughest staff to peg. Still have them making a run a minimum of by means of one round of the playoffs (barring further injuries). The East is that dangerous. However the draft? Heck, this crew could be blown up by the draft. Craft is a 1st round choose, that’s for certain.
27. San Antonio Spurs – Jordan Bachynski, C, Arizona State. Very agile, underrated 7-foot-2 senior who has made huge strides in 4 seasons. His 14-11-7 blocks against Marquette this week might have been the most effective recreation of his profession.
28. Phoenix Suns (via Indiana) - Dakari Johnson, C, Kentucky. Four picks? Yup. Johnson is a challenge with upside, probably alongside the strains of Daniel Orton, who got here out too early, was drafted, and is now on his third crew in three years.
29. Utah Jazz (via Golden State) – Chris Walker, F, Florida. He’s ineligible till subsequent month, however by all accounts, the 6-foot-eleven McDonald’s All-American may be very talented.
30. Miami Heat – Shabazz Napier, PG, Connecticut. Chalmers is a free agent, and if they’re pondering of sliding Cole right into a starting role, Napier can be an outstanding backup.
Read The Original Article