Report: USF kills coaching deal with Masiello

South Florida has rescinded a five-12 months provide to Manhattan's Steve Masiello to become their subsequent coach after a search agency found a previously undetected discrepancy in his background test, The Tampa Tribune has reported, citing a supply near the search.

Masiello, 36, regarded by many as one of the high younger coaches in the country, had agreed to the deal leaving solely financial details to be worked out, according to The Tribune.

Steve Masiello

South Florida has rescinded a five-yr provide to Manhattan's Steve Masiello to develop into their subsequent coach on account of his background test, The Tampa Tribune has reported.

The newspaper reported the contract was believed to be worth greater than $1 million per season.

It wasn't clear if Masiello was eligible to return to Manhattan within the wake of the deal falling via or what it was specifically that Eastman & Beaudine, a Texas-primarily based search agency, found within the background check.

Masiello and Manhattan were coming off an in depth loss to defending national champion Louisville and Rick Pitino in the second spherical of the NCAA match.

Masiello, who had a 60-39 record in three seasons at Manhattan, played at Kentucky and had been an assistant to Pitino at Louisville.

He hoped to take over a South Florida program that went 12-20 in its inaugural season in the American Athletic Convention. The Bulls have finished 3-15 in league play each of the previous two seasons.

Former Bulls coach Stan Heath took the group to the NCAA tournament two years in the past and obtained an extension, but the college bought out the remaining $1.5 million on his contract and had hired Eastman & Beaudine for $60,000 to find his substitute.

Read The Original Article

New Hampshire House Kills Casino Bill

The New Hampshire House has voted against a proposal for a casino with up to 5,000 slots and 150 table games, the Associated Press reported.

The Thursday vote was 173-144 against the proposal.

The governor of New Hampshire has been vigorously pushing the casino plan.

“Despite today’s vote, I continue to believe that developing our own plan for one high-end casino is the best course of action for investing in the priorities that are critical to long-term economic growth,” Gov. Maggie Hassan said in a statement.

“Soon, we all will see the impact of Massachusetts casinos right across our border in the form of lost revenue and potential social costs.”

Some in New Hampshire are worried that Massachusetts will take dollars out of New Hampshire. Massachusetts will soon be home to three Las Vegas-style casinos and one slots-only parlor. Penn National Gaming has received the OK to build the slots joint.

The New Hampshire House has rejected a casino bill multiple times.

“It is disappointing to see the House of Representatives break from the New Hampshire tradition of open and thorough debate,” the governor said in statement in May after last year’s plan had hit the muck. “Without passing SB 152, the path will be more difficult, but the people of New Hampshire expect us to do difficult things.”

Right now, New Hampshire has charitable, pari-mutuel and lottery gambling.

 

Read The Original Article