Austin Collie has signed with the 49ers (Getty Pictures)
Friday was one other busy day within the NFL. We have a busy weekend ahead with the Corridor of Fame induction ceremony on Saturday night and the Corridor of Fame recreation on Sunday night time.
Here’s a fast recap of a number of the things you may have missed on Friday:
• Huge receiver Austin Collie’s free agent tour came to an finish as Mike Garafolo of Fox Sports 1 studies the former Indianapolis Colts receiver has agreed to terms with the San Francisco 49ers, who’re skinny at receiver with Michael Crabtee, Mario Manningham and Kyle Williams on the bodily-unable-to-perform list. Ben Volin of the Boston Globe studies that the 49ers are additionally anticipated to signal broad receiver Lavelle Hawkins, who was launched by the New England Patriots earlier this week.
Fun truth: Hawkins’ agent is Brian Overstreet, the former agent of 49ers cornerback Tarell Brown, who blamed Overstreet after a $2 million base wage escalator voided when he failed to participate in the team’s offseason workout program.
• Injuries on the 49ers continue to mount as Chris Culliver, perhaps the staff’s most consistent cornerback in 2012, will miss the season with a torn ACL.
• The Seattle Seahawks have agreed to phrases on a one-yr cope with former Arizona Cardinals extensive receiver Early Doucet, Ian Rapoport of NFL.com reports. In his five seasons with the Cardinals, Doucet has 139 receptions for 1,491 yards and seven touchdowns, most of which got here when he caught fifty four balls for 689 yards and five touchdowns in 2011.
• Seahawks vast receiver Sidney Rice returned to the team after flying to Switzerland to endure an non-surgical process on his knee. According to Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times, Rice stated he was battling patella tendinitis and hopes the treatment will help. Rice added that the treatment lasted 20 minutes, which is interesting in that Rice spent a complete of 24 hours on a airplane.
• Buffalo Bills vast receiver Stevie Johnson left Friday’s practice with a left hamstring injury. Bills head coach Doug Marrone did not know the way serious the damage was, but noted the silver lining that it’ll give youthful players more reps in apply.
“No, once more I am most likely a little bit bit different,” said Marrone. “I look at it as a chance to get these younger guys more reps.”
• Baltimore Ravens cornerback Asa Jackson was suspended eight video games for violating the league’s coverage in opposition to performance-enhancing drugs. Jackson, a 2012 fifth-spherical select of Cal-Poly, was suspended four video games for one more PEDs violation in 2012. The two suspensions will price Jackson over $315,000 in base salary throughout his career.
• Houston Texans left deal with Duane Brown is very impressed with first-spherical extensive receiver DeAndre Hopkins.
“I don’t want to examine him to anyone however I believe somebody that I saw that young would most likely be Larry Fitzgerald with that form of hand-eye coordination and that kind of focus,” Brown stated on Friday. “It’s nice to have him on our staff; it’s a huge weapon for us.”
• New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady turns 36 tomorrow. His plans? “Practice at nine o’clock tomorrow morning.”
Another busy day on the NFL personnel notice. This is a quick roundup:
The Carolina Panthers claimed safety Ricardo Silva (Detroit), signed guard Chris Scott and “waived/injured” rookie defensive sort out Linden Gaydosh. The Chicago Bears waived tight end Brody Eldridge and kicker Austin Signor and signed rookie linebacker Andrew Starks.
Long-snapper Luke Ingram, waived by the Pittsburgh Steelers, was claimed by the Jacksonville Jaguars, who now have three lengthy-snappers in camp.
Veteran center/guard Ryan Lilja formally signed with the Denver Broncos on Friday.
“He is a guy that has some place flexibility, which is something we’re at all times looking to have,” said Broncos offensive coordinator Adam Gase. “If a guy can are available in and help us with a role, whatever that’s, that’s the type of participant we’re searching for.”
Larry Allen, guard/tackle, 1994-2005 Dallas Cowboys, 2006-07 San Francisco 49ers
Former Cowboys offensive line coach Hudson Houck, remarking on Allen’s strength to the Canton Repository: “I saw him..
more Larry Allen, guard/deal with, 1994-2005 Dallas Cowboys, 2006-07 San Francisco 49ers
Former Cowboys offensive line coach Hudson Houck, remarking on Allen’s energy to the Canton Repository: “I saw him bench press over seven-hundred kilos. It was like a kind of cartoons with Popeye, the place the bar was bent nearly right down to the floor on each ends.”
Related coverage on Yahoo! Sports:
• Vick helps clear up Riley Cooper mess
• Check out Warren Sapp’s distinctive Corridor of Fame bust
• Slideshow: DeMarcus Love joins checklist of NFL gamers suspended for PEDs