- East Conference Playoff matchups
- Ramirez leaves after taking pitch to left hand
- NCAA College Basketball Prediction- #2 Wisconsin vs. #1 Arizona
- NBA Prediction NBA Saturday Night Preview/Pick- Clippers vs. Rockets
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Memphis vs. Golden State
- NBA Prediction Sunday Game Preview/Pick- Houston vs. Miami
- NBA Prediction Tuesday Night Preview- San Antonio vs. Chicago
- NBA Prediction Tuesday Night Preview/Pick- Portland vs. Memphis
- NBA Prediction Sunday Game Preview/Pick- Phoenix vs. Golden State
- NBA Prediction Sunday Preview/Pick- Indiana vs. Dallas
Texans open to trading No. 1 overall draft pick
- Updated: Jan 4, 2014
The Houston Texans presently maintain the No. 1 overall decide within the 2014 NFL Draft, however that doesn’t mean they’re going to maintain it. Texans proprietor Bob McNair mentioned on Friday that the workforce is open to possibly trading the pick.
“Possibly we’ll trade down and still get a quarterback that may do the job and get an outstanding defensive player,” McNair said, via ESPN.com. “It’s an exciting time. Every little thing’s a transferring target. Lot of various pieces.”
The 2014 draft will mark the third time in franchise-historical past that the Texans have held the No. 1 total decide. In 2002, the enlargement Texans used the primary total selection to take Fresno State quarterback David Carr.
Carr did not do a lot with the Texans, however he did lead the workforce to a 2-14 end in 2005 that gave Houston the No. 1 general pick within the 2006 NFL Draft. With that pick, the Texans chosen North Carolina State defensive finish Mario Williams.
“The defensive participant worked out higher than the offensive participant,” McNair mentioned. “That will not lock us into anything.”
Normal manager Rick Smith echoed that sentiment, saying there’s no assure the Texans will draft a quarterback with the No. 1 total pick, “I do not assume you take a particular position just since you want a selected position at any level within the draft, especially the first choose,” Smith said. “So we’ll rank it, we’ll worth it, and we’ll make good choices if the opportunity presents itself to maneuver again as a result of it’s a very worthwhile pick, and we’ll entertain these as well.”
If the Texans do decide to take quarterback, Smith and new coach Invoice O’Brien can have a number of quarterbacks to select from, including: Johnny Manziel, Teddy Bridgewater and Central Florida’s Blake Bortles.
Whatever the Texans decide to do, they’ll have a couple of additional weeks to suppose things over this 12 months as a result of the NFL Draft has been pushed again to Could. The first spherical of the draft will he held on Could 8 in New York Metropolis.