- East Conference Playoff matchups
- Ramirez leaves after taking pitch to left hand
- NCAA College Basketball Prediction- #2 Wisconsin vs. #1 Arizona
- NBA Prediction NBA Saturday Night Preview/Pick- Clippers vs. Rockets
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Memphis vs. Golden State
- NBA Prediction Sunday Game Preview/Pick- Houston vs. Miami
- NBA Prediction Tuesday Night Preview- San Antonio vs. Chicago
- NBA Prediction Tuesday Night Preview/Pick- Portland vs. Memphis
- NBA Prediction Sunday Game Preview/Pick- Phoenix vs. Golden State
- NBA Prediction Sunday Preview/Pick- Indiana vs. Dallas
SIU’s Hinson won’t coach after son-in-law’s death
- Updated: Dec 27, 2013
Southern Illinois coach Barry Hinson is not going to be at his group's sport on Sunday against Miami College. Hinson is mourning the sudden loss of life of his son-in-regulation, which got here Christmas morning.
The school announced Hinson's forthcoming absence on Friday. While he's away in the short-term, associate head coach Tom Hankins will coach the team.
A Jackson County coroner instructed the Associated Press that Niles Thomason, who was married to Hinson's daughter, Tiffany, died of pure causes.
"Hinson expects to resume coaching duties early subsequent week as Southern Illinois prepares to host Wichita State on Thursday in the Missouri Valley Convention opener," in line with SIU's release. The Salukis are four-eight.
Hinson just lately made national headlines for the small faculty after a postgame press conference of his went viral. He later apologized for among the remarks he made that were directed towards a specific participant.