- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Indiana vs. Houston
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Memphis vs. Chicago
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Portland vs. Dallas
- NBA Prediction Thursday Night Preview/Pick- Thunder vs. Suns
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Bulls vs. Mavericks
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Grizzlies vs. Thunder
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Spurs vs. Suns
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Clippers vs. Grizzlies
- NBA Prediction Thursday Night Preview/Pick- Heat vs. Thunder
- NBA Prediction Wednesday Night Preview/Pick- Rockets vs. Lakers
Report: Shanahan might be done in Washington
- Updated: Dec 28, 2013
Redskins coach Mike Shanahan has made it clear that he has no plans to resign. Which will have one thing to do with the $7 million he has remaining on his contract, as well as the truth that he'd like to repair the mess he's created in his 4 years in Washington.
"I've informed you from Day 1, I love these guys," the coach mentioned Monday. "We've been working extremely onerous to put this thing together. We've had a few bumps, which everyone knows, with the wage cap [penalty]. However I'm wanting ahead to building this workforce. Like I said, I am going to get the chance to sit down down with [owner] Dan [Snyder] on the finish of the season and we'll go from there."
As of Friday afternoon, Snyder and Shanahan hadn't yet scheduled a sit-down but Shanahan expects a decision to be made – by hook or by crook – shortly after the season.
We've joked in current weeks that Snyder ought to convey Shanahan again simply to keep away from paying him $7 million however in accordance with the Washington Publish's Mark Maske, the coach might be out of labor within the coming days.
"A number of individuals accustomed to the situation continued to say this week they consider it's likely that the Redskins and Shanahan will half methods," Maske wrote Friday. "A few of those individuals mentioned they assume the state of affairs by which Shanahan may stay is that if he and Snyder refuse to budge on financial issues…
"It has been speculated that Shanahan will make vital modifications to his coaching staff, perhaps with new offensive and defensive coordinators, if he does stay. So it appears virtually certain the Redskins are dealing with widespread adjustments. They also have a lot of gamers eligible free of charge agency, significantly on defense."
If the Redskins lose Sunday to the Giants and the Texans beat the Titans, Washington may find yourself with the No. 1 decide in the 2014 NFL Draft.. which now belongs to the Rams as a part of the 2012 trade that allowed the 'Skins to draft Robert Griffin III.
We will not think about Shanahan survives that state of affairs. And if he would not, Griffin's coach at Baylor, Artwork Briles, could possibly be within the combine to interchange him.
Since coming to Washington in 2010, Shanahan is 24-39, and that features the 7-0 finish to the 2012 season thanks, in large part, to RG3.