- NBA Prediction Tuesday Night Preview- San Antonio vs. Chicago
- NBA Prediction Tuesday Night Preview/Pick- Portland vs. Memphis
- NBA Prediction Sunday Game Preview/Pick- Phoenix vs. Golden State
- NBA Prediction Sunday Preview/Pick- Indiana vs. Dallas
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Indiana vs. Houston
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Memphis vs. Chicago
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Portland vs. Dallas
- NBA Prediction Thursday Night Preview/Pick- Thunder vs. Suns
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Bulls vs. Mavericks
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Grizzlies vs. Thunder
Kitna to give his Cowboys paycheck to high school
- Updated: Dec 26, 2013
forty one-year-outdated Jon Kitna, the Cowboys new backup quarterback, is going to pull in a nice little $53,000 payday for the week of Christmas. However he’s going to put it to good use.
Kitna, per the Dallas Morning-Information, goes to donate the money he earns with the Cowboys to the Tacoma, Wash. high school where he teaches math.
He’d been pushing protractors at Lincoln High School for a number of years now since leaving the NFL in 2011 after three years of playing for the Cowboys because the backup to Tony Romo.
When Romo went down with a again harm, Dallas needed an choice to fill the depth chart behind Kyle Orton. (Romo is most definitely out in Week 17′s win-or-go-home recreation towards the Eagles, although Jerry Jones still won’t rule him out utterly.)
The Cowboys tried out a couple of quarterbacks but ultimately decided on Orton, primarily because of how acquainted he’s with coach Jason Garrett and the current system. Kitna apparently texted Garrett when Romo’s again difficulty popped up and let him know he’d be available.
“I told Jason if he needs me or any person to return in and name a play and have the ability to pull a play off if a bad scenario occurred, I would be prepared to try this,” Kitna mentioned.
Orton is slated to start out while Kitna’s operating the scout workforce, one thing he’s carried out for his highschool’s football crew.
“He said he would run scout team for the highschool workforce and provides them a very good appear to be he gave us great appears when he was here,” Garrett said. “So he’s a very lively man. He’s a mentally robust guy. … And he’s actually very younger at coronary heart. So it was good to have him again, good to have him back within the conferences, and [I'm] excited to see him apply at present.”
If Kitna finally ends up having to play on Sunday, something’s in all probability gone badly awry. The final time he started a game was 2010, when he stuffed in for Romo after the Cowboys starter suffered a collarbone harm that price him most of the season.
But whether he starts or rides pine for the full 60 minutes, Kitna’s full-time employer comes out forward.