- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Indiana vs. Houston
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Memphis vs. Chicago
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Portland vs. Dallas
- NBA Prediction Thursday Night Preview/Pick- Thunder vs. Suns
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Bulls vs. Mavericks
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Grizzlies vs. Thunder
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Spurs vs. Suns
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Clippers vs. Grizzlies
- NBA Prediction Thursday Night Preview/Pick- Heat vs. Thunder
- NBA Prediction Wednesday Night Preview/Pick- Rockets vs. Lakers
Hernandez named suspect 2012 double murder
- Updated: Jan 9, 2014
More trouble looms for Aaron Hernandez.
In the early morning hours of July 16, 2012, two men were murdered inside a car while sitting at a stoplight. The gunfire is alleged to have come from a silver SUV – which was later found at Herndandez's uncle's home – and police believe Hernandez was in the car.
The warrant does not detail, however, whether any evidence is present that suggests that Hernandez pulled the trigger. The former Patriot first became a suspect in the double homicide after the murder of Odin Lloyd, which occurred in June of last year. Police say they were able to link the crimes based on a tip from a security guard at Rumor, a Boston nightclub, who said that he had overheard a conversation regarding the crimes.
The report states that Hernandez and another man, Alexander Bradley, can be seen on surveillance video entering Cure Lounge together the night of the double murder. They are later seen exiting and leaving in the silver SUV, but what happens beyond that point is unclear.
The victims, though, can be seen exiting about an hour later, and, according to the
, a car "resembling" the SUV in question can again be seen in the area. Furthermore, the report indicates that bystanders gave descriptions that roughly matched Hernandez, Bradley, and the silver SUV.
The shooting occurred shortly thereafter.
Charges have yet to be filed against anyone in the double homicide, though police have seized both the silver SUV and the murder weapon. Hernandez currently stands charged of Lloyd's murder.