- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Portland vs. Dallas
- NBA Prediction Thursday Night Preview/Pick- Thunder vs. Suns
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Bulls vs. Mavericks
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Grizzlies vs. Thunder
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Spurs vs. Suns
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Clippers vs. Grizzlies
- NBA Prediction Thursday Night Preview/Pick- Heat vs. Thunder
- NBA Prediction Wednesday Night Preview/Pick- Rockets vs. Lakers
- NBA Prediction Tuesday Night Preview/Pick- Miami vs. Phoenix
- Beckham asks PSG for MLS funding – report
Harbaugh: Crabtree ‘greatest catcher’ ever
- Updated: Jan 7, 2014
49ers Edge Packers On Late Discipline Goal
Michael Crabtree's massive recreation in the San Francisco 49ers' 23-20 wild-card victory Sunday over the Green Bay Packers had coach Jim Harbaugh putting the receiver in a class by himself with regards to catching passes.
The temperature at kickoff was 5 levels, with a wind chill of minus-10, leaving many anticipating that the freezing circumstances would hamper the passing games of each group.
Crabtree, nevertheless, taking part in in simply his sixth sport since tearing his Achilles within the offseason, had a huge sport with eight catches for 125 yards. Perhaps none was greater than a clutch 17-yard reception through the winning drive on a 3rd-and-10 cross from Colin Kaepernick with San Francisco at its 31.
"People talked about cold weather and it could be a tough-to-catch ball, but the greatest catcher of all time, Michael Crabtree, catches everything," Harbaugh advised reporters.
"It's unbelievable. Within the northern snowlands all the way down to the tropics and sunny scenes, he's catching the football. Wherever they throw a football, he'll be catching it."
Excessive praise from a 49ers coach, contemplating Corridor of Famer Jerry Rice, viewed by many to be the greatest receiver of all time, performed most of his career with the franchise.
This isn't the primary time that Harbaugh has boasted about Crabtree's go-catching abilities, as he additionally did so in a radio interview earlier than the 2012 season. However after Sunday's victory, which arrange a playoff recreation next Sunday towards the Carolina Panthers, Harbaugh was way more vocal about his beliefs.
"If my life depended on it and someone had to catch a ball, I might enlist Michael Crabtree to do it," he instructed reporters.