- East Conference Playoff matchups
- Ramirez leaves after taking pitch to left hand
- NCAA College Basketball Prediction- #2 Wisconsin vs. #1 Arizona
- NBA Prediction NBA Saturday Night Preview/Pick- Clippers vs. Rockets
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Memphis vs. Golden State
- NBA Prediction Sunday Game Preview/Pick- Houston vs. Miami
- NBA Prediction Tuesday Night Preview- San Antonio vs. Chicago
- NBA Prediction Tuesday Night Preview/Pick- Portland vs. Memphis
- NBA Prediction Sunday Game Preview/Pick- Phoenix vs. Golden State
- NBA Prediction Sunday Preview/Pick- Indiana vs. Dallas
‘Poker Princess’ Pleads Guilty In Gambling Case
- Updated: Dec 28, 2013
Earlier this month, yet another defendant in the large playing bust that happened in April plead guilty in federal courtroom. This time it was Molly Bloom. (Here’s a look at the indictment.)
Bloom, dubbed the “poker princess” by her poker-taking part in clients, reportedly hosted private video games in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Miami and New York for years. Celebrities rumored to have appeared in a Bloom-run poker game someplace in the United States embrace Tobey Maguire, Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Alex Rodriguez and Leonardo Dicaprio.
The video games that received Bloom into sizzling water recently were those in New York. In response to the New York Post, she admitted in Manhattan Federal Court to transferring the poker video games from Los Angeles to Manhattan in 2010 and running them out of two hotels.
Her work in those Manhattan motels was part of an alleged $100 million playing operation that additionally included sports betting. The ring allegedly had links to the Russian mob. Not one of the aforementioned celebrities have been accused of any wrongdoing or linked to the video games that were part of the gambling ring that the federal government ended up shutting down.
Bloom had been on the hook for as much as 5 years in prison. Nevertheless, thanks to her deal she will get wherever from probation to 6 months. She additionally agreed to forfeit $a hundred twenty five,000, a number of the cash that she apparently received for her poker hostess work.
She shall be sentenced in April 2014.
Arguably the most famous poker participant concerned in the whole case is World Poker Tour champion Vadim Trincher. He admitted to being concerned with the sports activities betting tentacle of the illegal playing ring. Trincher could see around two years in jail for his function.
Bloom and Trincher were two of 34 people to be charged by the feds.
Picture by way of Related Press.