- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Indiana vs. Houston
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Memphis vs. Chicago
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Portland vs. Dallas
- NBA Prediction Thursday Night Preview/Pick- Thunder vs. Suns
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Bulls vs. Mavericks
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Grizzlies vs. Thunder
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Spurs vs. Suns
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Clippers vs. Grizzlies
- NBA Prediction Thursday Night Preview/Pick- Heat vs. Thunder
- NBA Prediction Wednesday Night Preview/Pick- Rockets vs. Lakers
Unemployed veteran D Redden decides to retire
- Updated: Jan 10, 2014
More NHL: Scores | Standings | League Leaders | Odds | Accidents | Energy Rankings
After failing to discover a place in the NHL after ending last season with the Boston Bruins, veteran defenseman Wade Redden introduced his retirement on Thursday.
“I might first and foremost prefer to thank my family and pals for his or her unconditional love and support. I would additionally prefer to thank my teammates, coaches and workers for all the nice memories created throughout the years. To the fans, I recognize all your assist all through my profession,” Redden said within the NHLPA launch. “Taking part in in the Nationwide Hockey League has been a dream come true and I really feel very proud and privileged to have played more than 1,000 video games in 14 NHL seasons.”
Close to the top of his career Redden grew to become considerably of a lightning rod, burdened by a heavy contract with the Rangers and sent all the way down to the AHL. Eventually the Rangers used a compliance buyout and he signed with the Blues before being traded to the Bruins last season.
But it wasn’t always so tough for Redden, who was an All-Star with the Senators. Drafted second general by the Islanders in 1995, Redden was traded to the Senators in 1996 when he began his NHL profession. His best seasons got here within the early 2000s, highlighted by his 2002 All-Star Recreation appearance.
After the 2007-08 season he signed a contract with the Rangers but he had simply 26 points in 81 games in his first season for New York, nicely below his previous level totals. That dipped once more in 2009-10 before he was buried in the AHL for the Rangers to avoid his cap hit.
Final season with the Blues he performed in 23 video games with two objectives and three assists earlier than being dealt to the Bruins. He suited up for 5 games in the course of the Bruins’ playoff run, scoring a objective and one help. In whole he played 1,023 video games in his NHL profession with 109 goals and 348 assists.
Redden also represented Canada internationally several occasions including being part of the 2006 squad in Torino.