- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Indiana vs. Houston
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Memphis vs. Chicago
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Portland vs. Dallas
- NBA Prediction Thursday Night Preview/Pick- Thunder vs. Suns
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Bulls vs. Mavericks
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Grizzlies vs. Thunder
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Spurs vs. Suns
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Clippers vs. Grizzlies
- NBA Prediction Thursday Night Preview/Pick- Heat vs. Thunder
- NBA Prediction Wednesday Night Preview/Pick- Rockets vs. Lakers
Sources: Peyton’s record may be removed
- Updated: Dec 31, 2013
Report Setting Season For Broncos
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – History is getting a re-evaluation.
Peyton Manning's stat line from the Denver Broncos' 34-14 win Sunday over the Oakland Raiders was 25-of-28 passing for 266 yards and four touchdowns. The 4 TD passes gave him fifty five for the season, extending his record whole to 5 greater than Tom Brady's former mark. The yardage whole gave Manning 5,477 – yet one more than Drew Brees' 2011 file.
The league's document-keepers were taking one other have a look at issues Monday, as is customary each week within the season. At issue, in response to sources, is a 7-yard completion from Manning to Eric Decker with just over a minute remaining within the first quarter.
Manning set the mark on the final play from scrimmage for the Broncos before halftime, a 5-yard touchdown go to Demaryius Thomas. He did not play within the second half.
In a single camera angle, the go to Decker looks like a lateral, which might make it a operating play. One other angle, from above, shows Decker receiving the ball at the Broncos' 48-yard line, with Manning slightly deeper than that.
If the play stands, Manning would hold the report. Whether it is eventually ruled a run, he would be credited with 259 yards Sunday and 5,470 this season. The 5,470 would be the second-highest season total in league historical past and nonetheless easily be Manning's profession best.
In current weeks, Manning has said the touchdown record was extra vital as a result of it represented the results of an offense scoring factors as it tried to win games. Even Sunday, after he'd set the yardage report, he replied to a question about that mark with: "I don't really have much to say about it, to let you know the reality."
Performs are routinely reviewed throughout the season by Elias Sports activities Bureau, which retains the league's statistical information, and groups are often notified in the days following games of corrections in items akin to sacks or dashing and passing yardage.