- NBA Prediction Tuesday Night Preview- San Antonio vs. Chicago
- NBA Prediction Tuesday Night Preview/Pick- Portland vs. Memphis
- NBA Prediction Sunday Game Preview/Pick- Phoenix vs. Golden State
- NBA Prediction Sunday Preview/Pick- Indiana vs. Dallas
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Indiana vs. Houston
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Memphis vs. Chicago
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Portland vs. Dallas
- NBA Prediction Thursday Night Preview/Pick- Thunder vs. Suns
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Bulls vs. Mavericks
- NBA Prediction Friday Night Preview/Pick- Grizzlies vs. Thunder
Yankees cut ties with Wells, still owed $21 million
- Updated: Jan 11, 2014
The Yankees have cut ties with Vernon Wells following his disappointing 2013 season.
Thank you @Yankees for the opportunity to be a part of such a storied franchise. #Blessed #NextChapter
— Vernon Wells (@VernonWells10) January 10, 2014 Wells, 35, hit233/. 282/. 349 (72 OPS+) with 11 home runs in 458 plate appearances in 2013, his only season in New York. He was awesome during the first 40 games (10 HR and895 OPS) before crashing the rest of the way (1 HR and494 OPS). Over the last three seasons, he's hit226/. 267/. 387 (81 OPS+).
The Yankees still owe Wells $2. 4 million in 2014 while the Angels owe him $18. 6 million. That is the final year on the seven-year, $126 million contract he signed with the Blue Jays back in 2008. Wells has said in the past that he will retire at the end of his current contract, so it's no guarantee he'll look to continue his career with another team.